Monday, December 31, 2012

Work continues


Curse you, Blogger, for eating my post... :P

Work continues on my book, although at a slower pace than I want. Besides my job taking more time from my life that I wish it did, I am also not a fast writer/typist, and I tend to revise things probably more than they should.

So far, chapters 1 to 7 (except 4, which is still in a very early stage) are quite complete, needing only some minor revisions. While some of it is material that I already wrote, most of it is new. And even the parts that I had already written have been revised to accommodate both the introduction of new characters and ideas, as well as changes in a few plot points and to the archosaur universe, and even some material that I came up with to late in the story for it to make sense.

An example of the last one is Grell. By the time I came up with a good background information for his behavior and appearance, I already had written the first three parts. Dropping all that information in the middle of the original story would had made little sense, and probably even confused some readers.

Something that concerns me about the whole story, however, is the amount of adult material. From either the very explicit, to just tame descriptions and other innuendos, it seems like not a chapter has gone by without sex being mentioned or is the focus of the chapter. Of course, considering the target audience for this story, there may be some who may think there is *not enough* action in it.

Anyway... that's all for now.


4 comments:

  1. You do awesome adult scenes, Kaa, so I don't see what's the issue here. As you said, you already know who your target audience is, and we do love your naughty ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo... whatever happened to this project of yours, Kaa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depression happened. Coming back to an empty home from a soul-devouring job, the last thing I feel like working on is anything creative. And I'm stuck trying to come up with an interesting middle for the story that isn't just characters talking.

      Delete
    2. Alright, thanks for the response. You take care of yourself, Kaa. Guess you'll make an announcement if you make any progress for your story.

      Delete