Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Archosaur Boys" update

If you were here to see me start this blog, you'll immediately note I made some big changes in the way it looks. While it certainly looks better (and is more pleasant to the eyes), these changes are far from definite, though. Just like the way my computer desks have been rearranged through time, so will this blog -- one day I'll take the time to move beyond the sample colors and typefaces this thing offers, and maybe add some background image and whatnot.

Now... about our reptilian boys. As you may have read in FurAffinity, I sketched three more saurians to the collection, which now brings the total to four. I am planning on at least ten for the whole folio, but the number may change. It depends on whether I may feel it is a good amount of work.

First one is a Snouthorn -- or for those of you who may want to link him to an actual dinosaur, a Ceratosaurus. He's currently unnamed, but that will certainly change by the time I am done. And there are no bigger images linked. Please don't hate me for cropping them, but... hey, a crocodile has to provide only some of the goods if he's to earn a few bucks once the folio is completed.

Sitting on some object, this archosaur seems a bit shy as he opens his legs to offer a clear view of his goods. Perhaps he's wondering what the fuck he was thinking when he accepted the offer to pose nude for everyone in the Archosaur Domains to gaze lustfully at his manliness. For this guy, I intend to come up with some rather vibrant colors and a coloring scheme that may be different from what I may have done in the past.

One thing that will tie all the images together is that dohickey on his chest. That harbors the Patrol insignia, and serves as an identifier to other soldiers. Some will wear on their left, and others on their right -- it is a matter of personal preference for each soldier.

 Now this one doesn't need an intro -- you're certainly familiar with Brakkus. Like the snouthorn above, he's also splaying his legs a bit, except that his bits are quite at attention.

I thought he was the perfect character to show two small fetishes of mine -- bulging man pecs (specially when seen from that angle) and a raised arm, giving a clear view of his pit. Don't ask me why, I just like seeing them (but not sniffing; I think that's gross).

And since Brachiosaurs (groundthumpers) were built like giraffes, I thought about giving him a similar long tongue. Hey, the guy is a certified slut. He's got the tools for it.
And finally, we have everyone's favorite Armorback (Euoplocephalus). Don't worry, he's also almost completely naked. Well, other than the strap to help him carry that big gun, and him wearing gloves and some armor in his forearms.

I thought about drawing Grell the way I pictured him in the last two chapters of my story "A Path of Thunder".  Other than the lack of armor, of course. He was obviously the best candidate to show in combat gear. Strong and always at the ready, he carries a big gun that sways with each step those stout legs take. And of course, I don't mean the gun in his hands. Duh! XD

I'll follow with more sketches once I get around to create them. I hope this whets your appetite for these beasts and the finished product. I will not be responsible for any humid or torn pants, though.

And please leave me comments. I want to know what I may be doing good, or what to improve. Thankies!

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully I got this down alright ^•=•^ looking forward to seeing what you'll be up to ;3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmmm I don't think I have a problem with this to say the least :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great Kaa!!
    The ceratosaurus sounds like he will be very interesting to see in color and to me he looks a little coy with his tongue out like that ;P
    Great work on Brakkus and Grell too, they are both handsome studs and I do like Brakkus' tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love the Snouthorn, Kaa. I adore his abashed, tongue-sticking-out expression. Can't wait to see him in full colour!

    I do have to say that I WILL purchase the portfolio even if these fellows come in a "family-friendly" rating. In fact, I'm more likely to since I will then be able to show your art off on my desktop and stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. (lets give this blog-commenting thing a go!)
    Not sure I can provide the best feedback or critiques, as my base opinion of the portfolio is already heavily biased from the huge dino beefcakes involved. :D

    Will say the concept you've got started here is appealing; has a nice blend of fun to the big gear, big muscles and big gear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dinosaurs espesial muscles.
    FurAffinity a fan of yours, I find as extreme123dz.
    I love your art and you kaa as an inspiration for me, I wish you the best of
    life and crocodiles live many more years with vigor and health.

    ReplyDelete